Indiana Jones and the Seven Cities of Gold
Easy Mirrors Module V1.1
A Binary Legends Release.
This Mirror Module allows you to create small mirrors in your game very quickly.
- three types of symmetry: front/back (the mirror is facing you), left/right (the mirror is turned 90° from your viewpoint), upside-down (the character is reflected by a plane below him, such as a lake).
- you can choose the opacity of the mirror: 0.0 means it reflects perfectly. 1.0 means it doesn't reflect anything.
- Custom-shaped mirrors : just pick a sprite as a mask and your mirror can have any shape.
- Attenuation: when the player moves away from the mirror, his reflection becomes less and less visible.
HOW TO USE:
- See the header of the script. It's as simple as possible : choose an object as the mirror, another object as its symmetry center, and a region to trigger it on or off when the player walks on it.
- It's quite slow. It's meant for small mirrors. I'd say no more than 200x100 pixels reflecting simultaneously.
- There are tiny rendering bugs (sometimes the mirrored image is late one frame, or sometimes it's not aligned properly -- but the player won't really notice). Those will be fixed in next version.
- It only reflects the player character. It doesn't reflect any object or animated background or anything else. But you have all the tools to tweak the module and make it reflect one or several NPC's. It draws directly onto the background surface.
SCRIPTERS WILL LIKE:
- It's meant to be enhanced. It's written in a way that you can add many "shaders" to the rgb values, it will only slow down the rendering of the pixel linearily.
Download AGS Mirror Module V1.1.